up your game
50 Hour Advanced Teacher Training
9th, 10th Sept ~ 7th, 8th Oct ~ 11th, 19th Nov 2023
This training is for teachers who are looking to enhance their skills and take their teaching to the next level. We will be exploring how you define yourself as a teacher and how your ethos and passions shape your authentic voice. We will look at what parts of your teaching could use a little extra attention and we will cover all things yoga teaching related that help support you to hone your skills.
1) Refine and polish
- Practise teaching and receive feedback to help elevate your skills
- Sharpen verbal cues
- Practise assists from a trauma-informed perspective
2) Power to the people
- Design smart, student-focused sequences
- Learn techniques to create balanced, creative, and relevant classes
- Teach for all bodies: how to make yoga more accessible
3) You do you
- Discover your authentic teaching style
- Embodying philosophy: key yogic philosophies for teaching and living your yoga
- Reflect on your teaching, connect with your ethos
4) To asana and beyond
- Break down poses of choice, looking at how to modify and cue
- Bring in philosophy in a practical, non-dogmatic way
- When, where, and how to teach pranayama appropriately
5) Enquire and empower
- Ask: what is it you need as a teacher?
- Time to focus on what you need
- Integrate learning into practise
This course will be held over 6 full days, 2 weekends plus one Saturday and one Sunday.
Weekend of 9th & 10th September
Weekend of 7th & 8th October
Saturday 11th November
Sunday 19th November
If there are any dates that people can't attend, I will record and make available that day's lectures.
What a typical day will look like
9–10.30am Vinyasa yoga + meditation + pranayama
10.30am–1.30pm Philosophy and lectures
2.30–3.30pm Integrating concepts into practise
3.30–5pm Teaching practise and feedback
£650 Early bird offer, if you book before 1st August
A £200 non-refundable deposit must be paid at time of booking. Remaining payments can be made in instalments, with the final payment due before 1st September.
I will be offering one partial scholarship for those currently on low income. Please enquire for details.
The course will provide a full manual.
Practitioners are required to have completed any 200 hour Teacher Training program before being accepted on the training course.
Effra Space, Effra Parade, Brixton, London SW2 1PX
"Wow! Learning to teach with Erin is one of the best things I’ve ever done. Seriously, if you get the chance for some Erin nurturing, snap it up! An amazing deep dive into yogic history, philosophy and the craft of teaching. Every aspect delivered with great humour and crystal clarity. At the end of your course you will feel blessed to have spent time in her company.”